Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Week 13- Nature and Texture Collage

AUTUMN BOMB


Craft: Using skills learned from the past semester such as cropping, brightness/contrast, drop shadow, transform, adjustments, and paint brush, I constructed this piece. Using skew and distort, I shaped and curved the street and a few of the buildings.

Composition: The biggest challenge was trying to make achieve this sense of perspective. I did not want this image to look flat but rather layered Using shades of red, I attempted to turn surrounding building like they are heating up and about to get hit by a nuclear bomb explosion. The irony is that the nuclear bomb is made up of leaves. The building are made up of textures. The sky is leather and tinted yellow to give more focus to the AUTUMN BOMB

Concept: To merge textures and nature together in some collage form. My piece became more of a scene of a city with an explosion of autumn leaves. The message can be taken in different ways, but I wanted this sense of Autumn is approaching the city fast and nature is making a striking come back.

No comments:

Post a Comment